Friday, March 2, 2012

2 miles in the rain

Our homestudy application is now submitted!  One more step!

The agency we're working with for our homestudy is downtown, about a mile from my office.  I thought I'd take my lunch break and just walk our paperwork and payment over to the agency, thinking it would help keep the ball rolling to take it in today in person, rather than waiting to mail it.  By the time I'm out the front door of my building, the heavens have opened.  Before long, I'm pretty well soaked from the waist down (thankfully I did grab my umbrella before I went out!).  I walked along, grousing in my mind about the wet and cold...I even say a prayer, asking God to hold back the rain for about a half hour until I can get this done.

Kroo Bay in the rain
But then I start thinking about old songs, like ones that talk about a guy walking 500 miles to be with the one he loves.  And then I remember what it's like in Kroo Bay when the rains come, and the children whose homes are flooded by rainwater and sewage, and I wonder if our child is warm and dry today...and then I'm reminded of the road of suffering that Jesus walked for us...  and suddenly 2 miles in the rain is no hardship at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment