Friday, February 22, 2013

next steps...


We’re waiting for our court hearing!  Hopefully soon!

I’ve been thinking a lot about timelines, and trying to get my head around a possible schedule.  People keep asking me when we will get her, and I just say that we’re not sure.  It’s difficult at best to estimate the timeline, but here’s what we’re looking at right now:

  • After we pass court, there is a 30 day waiting period before B will finally be “ours!” 
  • Then we file our I-600 form:  “Petition to Classify Orphan as an Immediate Relative.”  This approval process takes 3-4 weeks
  • Passports/visas and final steps through the US Embassy – 6-8 weeks

So, if we pass court by the end of February, the 30 day wait will be up by the end of March.  Then another 2.5-3 months for the processing of the rest of our paperwork (mid-June/July).  I’m not sure at this point how the new investigation procedures will affect our case – they had said there were potential delays of 3-6 months…which could put us into September and beyond…

I’ve already bought B a couple little bathing suits and some summer clothes.  I’m really hoping we can get her here when it is still warm!

No comments:

Post a Comment