Monday, February 4, 2013

delays and such


We received an email from our agency on Friday, saying that the US embassy has instituted new investigation procedures in all adoptions in the DRC.  Investigators will be looking more thoroughly into the “orphan” status of each child, which could require travel into some of the less stable/ difficult to reach areas.  Bottom line, this could delay adoption processes by 3-6 months.   I've been really bummed by this news!  We were really hoping to be able to travel this spring/early summer, but if things are delayed it could be as long as a whole year from now before we can go.  

About a week ago, they sent us new pictures of our B.  She’s smiling in some of them and looks so healthy…and looks like she’s grown since our September pictures.  I have her framed on my desk, and my heart aches to see that sweet face in person!  I hate the thought of her growing up even more before we can hold her.  

Most of our part is finished at this point – we will have a few more documents to submit down the road, but we’re just waiting.  This is the hardest part, I think.  When we were working on our homestudy and dossier, we were working toward something…now it is in the hands of the courts and immigration offices…

B's toes
In John 14:18, Jesus tells his disciples:  “I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you.”   I know He loves our girl so much more than we do, and I pray every day that He will be close to her and take care of her…  

No comments:

Post a Comment