Wednesday, February 6, 2013

I needed some good news today

Well, friends, as you may imagine, I've been feeling sort of "blah" lately...one might even call it mildly depressed.  The new investigation procedures and potential delays, and weirdly enough, the new photos of B, have had me in a sad state of affairs emotionally.  She just looks so wonderful in the new pictures, my heart aches to hold her!  and I can hardly stand the thought of additional delays in this already far-too-lengthy process!

So, I've been sewing her a dress, but then I get discouraged and stop.  I start thinking things like, is she going to be too big to wear this by the time we get her?  is this even the right size for her right now?  ugh.  This simple little dress is taking me a really long time to finish!

We had a note from our agency this morning that they are hoping to have her birth certificate this week, and our court hearing next week!  This is big positive news!  After we pass court, she's technically "ours" -- our last name will be on her new birth certificate and everything.  And I think we can post photos of her at that point, too.

Our attorney in the DRC is going to a meeting at the Embassy tomorrow, and will hopefully know more about how the new procedures will affect us at that point.  We're hoping and praying it doesn't delay us too terribly much!  Come home soon, B!  We miss you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment